Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 20, 2017, "O That I Were An Angel!"


Email to Family and Friends
           This week completely flew by! Outside of teaching we have been able t do a lot of service, especially chopping ice and getting cars unstuck. Haha I'm having a blast like always! 
           Thank you all who sent me stamps! They are a tremendous help. God bless you!
           
"O That I Were An Angel!"

          "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!"
          "Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." (1)
           Never has any scripture, pressed upon my heart as this one does mine. Alma's cry, rings true with the inner desire of my heart. This is my purpose in life, not my mission only, but the inner calling I have received from God Almighty from all eternity to all eternity. 
            The invitation to repent is an expression of love. It is an invitation to become more Christlike, and in turn, receive the blessings and consequences of a being in that state. I invite all men to repent "that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." That they might have peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come.
             Repentance brings peace and a joy that only those who have partaken of the fruit of repentance can comprehend. (2) I love each one of you and invite you to seek after a scripture that touches your heart more than any other. Make it your motto in life, make it who you are.
             For "this is my glory (purpose), that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." (3) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 1704 Lowell Ave, Butte, MT 59701

Notes
  1. Alma 29:1-2
  2. See Alma 26:21
  3. Alma 29:9

Sent from my iPad