Monday, October 23, 2017

October 23, 2017, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?"


Email to Family and Friends

          We had another stellar week this week! We found 10 New Investigators and had members at every lesson with the exceptions of 1st lesson were they we found :) I love the area here, and the members here and the families that we are teaching are amazing! Elder Wadsworth is such an amazing missionary, I love being with him. His mama should be proud!

"Heavenly Father, are you really there?"

          In the days that Joseph Smith was contained in Liberty Jail, he cried "O God, where art thou?... How long shall thy hand be stayed" (1) 
          King Lamoni's Father "did bow down before the Lord, upon his knees; yea, even he did prostrate himself upon the earth, and cried mightily, saying: O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee." (2)
          Even the Savior, Gods perfect Son "cried.., saying,.. ​​​My​ God, my God, why hast thou ​​​forsaken​ me?" (3)
          At times in each of our lives, because of abandonment, sin, doubt or fear; we are lead to cry "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" (4)
          If you feel this way in any shape or form, I plead with you to ask. Prayer is the key, he will answer. Most of us know the Primary Hymn when it says "Pray, he is there; Speak, he is list’ning. You are his child; His love now surrounds you... Some say that heaven is far away, But I feel it close around me as I pray." (5) 
          I testify that God lives! That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he loves you with a perfect love! A love that can never be shaken, by hell, your sins, or the sins of others. Family's can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan. This is the truth, whether you have anything to say against it or not, it is true, for God has spoken it. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Notes
  1. Doctrine and Covenants 121:1-2
  2. Alma 22:17-18
  3. Matthew 27:46
  4. "A Child's Prayer" Children's Songbook #12
  5. "A Child's Prayer" Children's Songbook #12

Sent from my iPad