Friday, November 25, 2016

November 21, 2016, "Pure Testimony"


Email to Family and Friends
           A priest in the ward we are in, is going to clean our apartment today! Haha I made a deal with him that if he would read chapter 2 of Preach My Gospel that I would clean his room but if he didn't do it by Sunday (a week) then he would have to clean my apartment. Haha I'm sure you already know the result :)
           We got so much snow this week and it's supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow. I love it when it snows because then we get to go out and spring spontaneous service all day! We're professional snow shovelers now! Haha just kidding. But we went up behind this elderly lady and started shoveling her driveway. She jumped up and turned around and started cussing at us and telling us to go away. We were just like "we're just trying to help." Haha so we start walking away and she asked us if we a "Jehovah's" We said no. So she asked who we were, so we said proudly, " We are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ." We then asked her if she would like some help. She said, "O yes! I listen to the Mormon's on TV every Sunday morning! All those Jehovah's want is my money." Then we had a great visit with her.
          I made a snowman! I ate some icicles. It's been a good week.

"Pure Testimony"

          I have been asked by some, to give my pure and simple testimony. 

          "He is risen" (1), there is no greater three words given unto man. I know that Jesus Christ, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, lives! He is full of grace, mercy, and truth. It is he that came to take away the sins of the world, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. (See Alma 5:48) "How great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth." (2) "For there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (3) And now I stand with Joseph, the prophet, by saying "Shall we not go on in such great a cause?" 
           In the sacred and holy name of Jesus Christ, amen

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
917 Amoretti St Thermopolis, WY 82443 

Notes

  1. Matthew 28:6
  1. 2 Nephi 2:8
  1. Acts 4:12