Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 7, 2016, "When Your Heart is Depressed"


Email to Family and Friends
           My new companion is Elder Kolby Lester. He is from Gilbert, AZ. He I lives in Val Vista lakes, we only live 8 min away from each other! He is a brand new missionary from the MTC. He is one of the most humble men I have ever met. I'm so happy and grateful that I get to spend at least 6 weeks with him and learn from him.
          We got yelled at by a Catholic yesterday! Also Jack, the 11 year old, has been living the Word of Wisdom the past few weeks, and he had a real trial giving up his tea haha. But he committed to living it for a month to see if it is truly from God. I didn't know how He was going to do it, but the other day Jack told us he knew the Word of Wisdom is true. So we asked how he knew it was true. He told us that when he went to go get his shots that usually he cries like a baby, but this time it didn't hurt that bad and he said that the Spirit told him that it was because he is living the Word of Wisdom! God truly works in mysterious ways haha.

"When Your Heart is Depressed"

          This last Saturday my heart was depressed. We have been trying to meet with a part member family that we know very well and who have been super prepared by the Lord. They have had many miracles in their lives recently. We see them all the time but when ever we try and set up an appointment/ dinner, Satan always gets in the way and the lesson will always cancel 30-60 min before it's supposed to happen. For example their clothes caught on fire at the laundry mat a few weeks ago, and a car accident.  
          So this lesson/ dinner cancels 30 min before like the others. So we come home to make our own dinner. All I ate was an apple. And I thought I would take a nap. Those of you who know me, know I don't take naps. So I thought I would go up stairs and just rest (my mom is always bugging me about that ;), love ya mom!). I tried to take a nap, but for the life of me I cannot turn off my brain, no matter what it's always doing something. 
          After about 15 min of trying to rest and being fed up that I couldn't take a nap. I went over to my desk opened up my Book of Mormon and just started to read. IMMEDIATELY, peace, joy and an indescribable sense of tranquility came over me. The rest of the night was truly an amazingly spiritual night and know that it was due to me opening up that beautiful book and reading.
           There is power in the Book of Mormon! This is my favorite book! "If you are struggling, confused, or spiritually lost, I urge you to do the one thing I know will get you back on track. Begin again to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon and live its teachings every day, every day, every day! I testify of the profound power in the Book of Mormon that will change your life and strengthen your resolve to follow Christ. The Holy Ghost will change your heart and help you see “things as they really are.” He will show you what you need to do next." (1)
           May God watch over each and everyone of you who reads this, you are my friends. I love all of you. "Never forget, just how powerful you really are." (2) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
917 Amoretti St Thermopolis, WY 82443

Notes
1. Stay by the Tree, By Elder Kevin W. Pearson, April 2015
2. Lanny D. Owens

Sent from my iPad






 Elder Johnson and Elder Bredsguard










Tom's wife gave Elder Bredsguard his jacket after he passed away.  What an honor for Elder Bredsguard!