Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December 12, 2016, "I Will Give Unto You Success"


Email to Family and Friends
           TRANSFERS- Elder Lester will be going to Belgrade MT!! I have love serving with him these past few weeks! He is an amazing missionary. 
          I will get the privilege of staying here in Thermopolis! (Read the following message to see why I am so exited) This is my second home now haha, this will be my one and only area haha. By the end of this up coming transfer I will have been here 7 1/2 months. Haha I was just telling President Wadsworth, that I could stay here my whole mission! I love this town, I think I'm best friend with almost everyone. 
          I will be a trainer again, I will be finishing a missionary's training that came out with Elder Lester. The following message has some exiting things that has happened this week. Again I love each and everyone of you very much. I appreciate all the support again!

"I Will Give Unto You Success"

          "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." (2) The past few months I have been taking this scripture from Ammon very literally. 
          The past few transfers have been a little tough for me with companions who were struggling. Emotionally it has been a rollercoaster.  But I have been trying to be patient and endure these minor afflictions with hope. And I can say that this has all paid off.
          We now have 8 of our dear friends getting baptized on specific days in January! And also 4 others that should be picking a date to be baptized this week, in January. We also have 2 weddings that will be happening on New Years Eve from less active members. And yesterday at church one of the priests in the Branch brought a friend who is interested in joining the church (his mom is a less active). And just this morning a sister in the Ward gave a very interested referral to us! 
            And now I can declare with Ammon "we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world--not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God."
          "And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks..."
          "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."
          "Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us." (2)
          I don't believe this is a message only to missionaries! I believe and know that if we can all bear with patience our afflictions, the LORD will give us success. He didn't place anyone here to fail. We are all sons and daughters of the most high God! May we never forget how powerful we really are.
          This is the church of Jesus Christ! It is the truth! I know God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ live. They are real and they love us and want the best for us. May we always retain a remembrance of His eternal sacrifice, and our true potential. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
917 Amoretti St Thermopolis, WY 82443 

Notes

  1. Alma 26:27
  1. Alma 26:28-31
Sent from my iPad