Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 2016, "Serving Him"


Email to Family and Friends
           We had a white Christmas! So our car has been out of commission for the past week and will for at least the rest of this week. So we have been biking, walking and getting rides to every we're we are going! Hahaha it's been so fun! Especially with the storm yesterday. It truly is a winter wonderland ;)
          The couple who is getting married and baptized this weekend just moved right across the street from the church, which is right next door to us. So we are total small town neighbors now haha. I love it!
           The past few nights I have been rededicating myself to the Lord to be a fully consecrated missionary. I began to notice a little complacency in my life, and I had to put a stop to it. I love all of you!

"Serving Him"

           I have really enjoyed this years Christmas Initiative! It has given all of us amazing opportunity to serve every single day of this month. One of my favorite scriptures that I'm sure most of us can quote from memory is "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (1) I love those words!
          Elder Bednar once said, "Serving Him requires all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. Consequently, selflessly serving others counteracts the self-centered and selfish tendencies of the natural man. We grow to love those whom we serve. And because serving others is serving God, we grow to love Him and our brothers and sisters more deeply. Such love is a manifestation of the spiritual gift of charity, even the pure love of Christ.
    “Pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure.” (2)
    "We come to know the Lord as we are filled with His love." (3) I love all of you and hope you had an amazing Christmas season! Merry Christmas and a happy new year! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
917 Amoretti St Thermopolis, WY 82443 

Notes
  1. Mosiah 2:17
  2. Moroni 7:48
  3. “If Ye Had Known Me” By Elder David A. Bednar, October 2016 General Conferance

Sent from my iPad