Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 23, 2017, "The Gospel"


Email to Family and Friends
           TRANSFERS.  I will be leaving Thermopolis, WY :( This is my home, I will miss Thermopolis. Everyone here are now some of my closest friends. Farewell Thermopolis, may you rest is peace and joy and the Stake of Zion continues to spread here. 
            I will be going to Butte, MT as one of the Zone Leaders over the Butte Zone. My new companion is Elder Merril. Elder Simmons will be staying here and his new companion is Elder Farara. 
           Thermopolis has been my one and only area so far since I've come out on my mission in June. I have learned and become so much more here, this has been a preparatory stage of my mission, and now it's time to get out and go to the real world. I'm up for the challenge! Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah for Isreal!
           
"The Gospel"

           I was reading in the book of Second Nephi, ninth chapter, verses twenty one through twenty three, which reads. "And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam."
          "And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day."
          "And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God." (1)
           These three verses contain the only things we ever need to know in life. Jesus  Christ "suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;" (2) 
            If I could only teach and know one thing, it is that God himself came down among us mortal men and women, and created a perfect, infinite atonement for each and everyone of us that we might be able to repent and partake of his goodness. And as we apply his goodness into our lives through prayer, our hearts and our natures will be changed. Wether it be over time or imedietly, it will happen if we repent.
           Be patient with yourselves, "all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments" (3) then "thy peace [will be] as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea." (4) 
           Live the Gospel. Make it who you are! If we will live His commandments then we will find true joy, through the Holy Ghost, which brings love, peace and joy. Satan can twist and mimic almost every good thing. The only thing he can't mimic is, PEACE. (5) True peace only comes from God, and He will give it to us as we repent and apply his atoning sacrifice in our lives. That has been the promise since before the world began
          I know that this is true, I know my Father lives, I do not doubt, for my mother knew it (6). She is one of my greatest blessings and teachers. I love all of you! None of you know how much I love you! You are all sons and daughters of God, stop wasting your potential, none of us know how powerful we really are. Do good and be good. In the blessed name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. 2 Nephi 9:21-23
  2. Doctrine & Covenants 19:16
  3. Mosiah 2:22
  4. 1 Nephi 20:18
  5. Elder Simmons taught me this, is is so true! We can think we are happy, we can think we have joy when we live in wickedness. But, you can only think and know your at peace when you are truly at peace, through living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  6. See Alma 56:47-48

Sent from my iPad

"The District"

"Me with Jonah who is preparing to go on a mission"

"Lou the Sheriff, whom I've come to know very well"

"You know you've been in an area a long time when 
there is an event in the museum that you attended"

"Brother Stewart the Ward Mission Leader"

"I got dehorned ;) haha just kidding I got stabbed in the head
by the upper claw of a skid steer"

"President Cottrell, Stake President"

"Bishopric/Clerk Office buddies"

"Bishop Maddock and family"

"Brother Massie"

"Mission boundaries, the southern most part of the mission"