Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 30, 2017, "Know Ye"


Email to Family and Friends
           It was so hard to say goodbye to beautiful Thermopolis!! We had some fun goodbyes! Haha, I'll let you see for yourself in the photos. 
          I am loving being in Butte! To be honest I had a little cutter shock for a few days. In Wyoming I only saw towns of at max 5,000 people and a few stop lights with Thermopolis being only 3,000 and one stop light. And now being in a city of about 30,000 freaked me out a little bit but now I'm getting used to it again. 
          Butte is known in the mission for crazy stories haha. I'm pretty sure I've already seen a demon since I've been here. It was scary! And he wasn't wearing any pants!
          Being a Zone Leader is fun being able to go help, love, and support the other missionaries here.
          I love each of you more than you know!

If any are willing, I'm in desperate need of stamps. Thank you for your love and support.        1704 Lowell Ave Butte, MT 59701
           
"Know Ye"

           Last week I was studying in Mormon chapter 7, and came upon this verse, which reads "Know ye that ye must come unto repentance, or ye cannot be saved." (1)
          God is a God of cause and effect. Being saved is so much more than just "going to heaven". It is being godly, where our character and attributes are those of God him self. And because of that we experience the consequences one in that state. Perfect happiness, everlasting peace, and an eternal family. 
          Repentance is changing who we are to become more like or Father. Repentance is only possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Repentance is a divine gift given to us, we should rejoice when we hear of it! We can't repent without Him and His help. We can change our behavior, but we can't change our nature without the Atonement.
         And if we repent, we will then be prepared to meet God (2) and be comfeterable in His glorious presence (3) and hear the words "Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth." (4)
          My invitation to all is to come unto Christ and repent and cleanse yourself of all ungodliness. Whether it be great or small, as you do so I can promise that God will bless you in each of your individual lives. That you will feel his presence by your side. I love you! More importantly, your Father in Heaven loves you! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 1704 Lowell Ave, Butte, MT 59701

Notes
  1. Mormon 7:3
  2. See Alma 34:32
  3. See Mormon 9:4
  4. Alma 5:16

Sent from my iPad


Food fight???

Yep!