Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 17, 2017, "He Lives!"


Email to Family and Friends
            So this week has a lot of stories! I leave a few out because they are a little to crazy. We went to this place over by Whitehall called the Ringing Rocks for Zone Preparation Day last week. It was a blast! It's a huge pile of boulders that when you hit with a hammer the ring like bells. And you can go caving in them! I was freakin out because I was just following this other elder down pretty deep, and we got to this really really tight hole, he literally had to grab my legs and pull me through, haha I couldn't fit.
          We also ran our 11k on Saturday. I was dyeing! Butte is super hilly, the is no exaggeration in my words when I say that we only ran probably a total of 1 mile that was on flat ground out of the 7. Plus it snowed like 3 inches the night before with was awesome! :/ I ran it in 1:04:37. I got first place for my age group! (Keep in mind, I was the only one who ran it in my age group haha)
          An Elder in our Zone got ripped off when he first came out by one of the Assistants who was about to go home. He payed $200 for his bike which he quickly found out was junk! So he has been out 8 months now and still ridding this bike, so we told him to send up his bike and we told him we would fix it. Little does he know that we have completely redone his bike! New tires, new and very nice gear shifters, new and very comfy seat, and complete paint job! It will be done tomorrow, so I will send pictures of the complete project next week. 
            This week is Transfers and I will be leaving and going to Great Falls East! My new companion is Elder Tucker, he was my Zone Leader while I was in Thermopolis! It will be a blast! I will really miss Butte though, tons of great family's. TONS OF STORIES! Farewell Butte.

           
"He Lives!" 

These are the last few lines from a talk I gave yesterday in Sacrament Meeting. The first part of the talk covered the creation and the fall of Adam and Eve. 

           "The Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon"
           "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself." (1)
           Brothers and Sisters, this is why we sing! This is why we celebrate, this is why shout with rejoicing, crying "Hosanna, hosanna, blessed be the name of the Lord our God!" (2)
          For God has suffered these things for all, that we might not suffer if we would repent! And now I declare unto you as the angels declared unto Mary, that beautiful Easter morning, that "He is not here: for he is risen" (3)
         "This is the gospel [of Jesus Christ], the glad tidings, which the voice out of the heavens bears record unto us-- That he came into the world, even Jesus, to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness; That through him all might be saved." (4)
          "And thus God bringeth about his great and eternal purposes, [to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.] which was prepared from the foundation of the world. And thus cometh about the salvation and the redemption of men, and also their destruction and misery."
          "Therefore, O my son, whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely; and whosoever will not come the same is not compelled to come; but in the last day it shall be restored unto him according to his deeds." (5)
          I am a witness of the Living Christ! I know he lives! I can not but speak the things which I have seen and heard. He is our Savior, he lived, died, and rose again. This is the truth, and none can deny who is under the sound of my voice, for it is the Spirit that speaketh. 
           Know that I love you! Always remember how much I care about you. I will dearly miss this beautiful Ward. Thank you. In the name of Jesus Christ the Lord, amen.
           

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. 2 Nephi 2:26-27
  2. See Doctrine and Covenants 19:37 & 16
  3. Matthew 28:6
  4. Doctrine and Covenants 76:40-42
  5. Alma 42:26-27

Sent from my iPad