Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 3, 2017, "Wisdoms Paths"


Email to Family and Friends
           General Conference was absolutely amazing! The very last session we watch it with our dear friend Larry Barlow, and wow was session just perfect for him! Every talk was not only good but astounding! I love the second talk were he literally spoke to the investigators of the church. We he shared his personal experiences while joining the church.
           We went on an exchange with the Assistant to the President this last week, and we got to go to the temple while we were there!!!! I haven't been since June 28, 2016 (the day I got to Montana). I missed the temple to so much! 
          We drove 3 thousand miles last month haha. Butte is really starting to grow on me, I love it here, I really hope I don't get transferred. We were only in Billings for like a day and a half, but I was so happy to be back home in Butte. We got back at like 8:30 at night and we saw the other Butte Elders, it was a good sight to see some of my Butte Zone family again. 
           
"Wisdoms Paths" 

          President Jenkins over a year ago had me study the Doctrine of Christ in the Book of Mormon. And for that I will always be thankful! One of the five parts of the Doctrine of Christ is receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. At first I was puzzled by it, because the Doctrine of Christ are the conditions of receiving the blessings of our Saviors grace. But as I have repeatedly studied this topic, the gift of the Holy Ghost begins to make more and more sense to me why it is essential for salvation.
           The Holy Ghost was talked quit a bit about in General Conference this last weekend. And that is because the Spirit literally guides is in wisdoms paths, that we may be blessed, prospered and preserved. (1)
           But we must always remember that the Spirit can only dwell in Holy temples. Thayer is why we must all continually trust and rely on our Savior, Jesus Christ. To assist us along our beautiful but rough journey home.
           Friends, believe that He is! Change anything in your life that is keeping you from the joy of the Holy Ghost, and almost unnoticeingly you will find your self more like him. I leave you that promise in the name of our Almighty God, Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 1704 Lowell Ave, Butte, MT 59701

Notes
  1. See Mosiah 2:36

Sent from my iPad