Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 26, 2017, "An Almighty Hand"


Email to Family and Friends
            We started teaching a man named Chris Sizemore. He is definitely one of the many friends I have made on my mission that I will always remember! We have been teaching him with a wonderful family, the Baklys. 
            We have been I Glacier National Park all day today!! Oh it is absolutely beautiful! It is a sight everyone should see! I only have a few pictures I took on my iPad, but we got A LOT of great pictures on good cameras, I will include them in my next email.
            This week has been great! We had Zone Conference this last week. I got to see my good friend Elder Shumway. My MTC companion!
           
"An Almighty Hand" 

            “We admit that God is the great source and fountain from whence proceeds all good; that He is perfect intelligence, and that His wisdom is alone sufficient to govern and regulate the mighty creations and worlds which shine and blaze with such magnificence and splendor over our heads, as though touched with His finger and moved by His Almighty word. … The heavens declare the glory of a God, and the firmament showeth His handiwork [see Psalm 19:1]; and a moment’s reflection is sufficient to teach every man of common intelligence, that all these are not the mere productions of chance, nor could they be supported by any power less than an Almighty hand.”
“God sees the secret springs of human action, and knows the hearts of all living.”
“The purposes of our God are great, His love unfathomable, His wisdom infinite, and His power unlimited; therefore, the Saints have cause to rejoice and be glad, knowing that ‘this God is our God forever and ever, and He will be our Guide until death.’ [Psalm 48:14.]” (1)
               One morning back home, I left home early and went on a hike all by myself and watched the sunrise. As I watched it come over the Superstition Mountain, I had a small yet profound confirmation that there is loving God, who cares about me. As I was filled with knowledge of who God is, I had no more disorder to do wickedly, and to seek love and peace.
               I invite all of you, to simply just go and put yourself in nature. Watch the sunrise or sunset. Go to the beach or river. Watch the stars or the beauty of the sky! See the beauty of the Earth and there will be no way you can deny the existence of a loving Heavenly Father unless your heart is past feeling. And if that is your situation I fear for your state. 
               Know that I love all of you with all my heart! In the name of Jesus Christ amen.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Notes
  1. "Teachings of the Presidents: Joseph Smith" Chapter 2

Sent from my iPad