Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017, "Development"


Email to Family and Friends

          Haha well I got a new IPad! We had the baptism of Lily Bacon this week. She is going to the temple this Friday with all the other Young women! Her mom is starting in Family History so that they will be able to go to the temple to perform those sacred ordinances for there grandparents and other loved ones.
          I ate a 2lbs burger at this mom and pop burger joint on Tuesday. I did it in about 15 min. I felt so sick afterwords haha. I love my mission, it is going by to fast. I love love teaching the gospel, and seeing the joy it brings to families. We hear over and over again throughout our missions "You know, since you guys have been coming by, we don't fight as much any more." I testify that this is Gods truth, that just the Spirit of the gospel brings love into our homes.

"Development"

          When I came out on my mission, my biggest goal was to come home one with charity. One who is full of love at all times, one who always carries a smile and ready and interested in the lives of others.
          I feel to some extent that I have done hard things in my life, but trying to develop charity, this is most definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. Heavenly Father definitely wants me to earn this one, I don't necessarily feel I have made a huge or drastic change in this area of my life. But I do feel that I have improved. And I can see that though my life I will receive this gift, even to a greater capacity than I now know. Christ has given us the opportunity to grow and change for the better.
          The reason I tell you these things, is to tell those of you who are striving to develop certain Christlike attributes, that please keep on persisting in prayer and diligence and you will receive. There is hope and please realize, it takes time.
           If your not striving for an attribute you desire, please do so. You will find fulfillment in development. You will learn knowledge and wisdom that can be learned in no other way.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home- 1848 Rimrock Rd Billings, MT 59102
Current Address- 312 3rd Ave N Great Falls, MT 59405

Sent from my iPad