Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 28, 2017, "Reflecting On Our Family"


Email to Family and Friends

          This week was so crazy and so fast! Elder Christensen is getting transferred. My new companion is Elder Ison, holy moly he is a rock star! I picked him up from Helena in Wednesday had a super busy day then woke up Thursday and drove to Helena again to pick up 4 brand spanken new missionaries! Every companionship in our Zone is training except for us as the Zone Leaders so we are going to do training as well. We imedietly got back with the new missionaries had them meet their trainers and all went out tracting! Because what better first experience than tracting :)  I went with a companionship from Haver (Trainer/ Trainee) We had the new missionary lead out a few times we found four house holds to come back and teach! A girl answered the door with out pants on haha the 2 missionaries lead out and I was in the back just there for support and oh it was hilarious! They were all stuttering and had no idea what to say. But we gave her a pass along card and left. That was one of Elder Martians first moments as a missionary.
           This week was so crazy that I totally forgot we were asked to give 20 min talks each until an hour before church started. Haha poor Elder Ison had no idea, he thought I was pulling his leg tell we asked our Bishop.
            I got to make a steak turner out of a metal rod, put it in a forge, hammered it on an anvil and everything, it was such a cool experience :) 

"Reflecting On Our Family"

           Elder Ison and I were able to give talks this week in the Overlook ward. We were asked to talk of families. It was a 15 min talk, so I won't quote it to you today, but as I prepared it, I reflected on my family over and over again and how much they mean to me. Especially my dear mother. I told of the time were Jed and I were playing and I fell into the Lego's and still have a legit imprint in the back of my head. I told mostly stories about my mom and what she has done for me. It was one of my favorite talks because it caused me I ponder on how much I love and miss my family.
            Families can be together forever! Families are no joke, we learn to love, we learn to work, we learn patience and understanding, in our families we learn to live like Christ. I pray for my current family and future family everyday. Please find just one way today to show someone in your family how much you love them, preferably your mother :) 


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home- 1848 Rimrock Rd Billings, MT 59102
Current Address- 312 3rd Ave N Great Falls, MT 59405

Sent from my iPad






Elder Bredsguard made himself a bull whip... and it got him!  Yikes!