Monday, November 20, 2017

November 20, 2017, "A Vine and Her Fruit"


Email to Family and Friends

          So I forgot to say this last week but, it was Transfers. Elder Wadsworth got transferred to Missoula, and my new companion in Kalispell is Elder Madsen from Brigham City, Utah.
           We have been having some amazing lessons! Elder Madsen is an awesome teacher. A young woman we are teaching accepted the invitation to baptism yesterday! Whoohoo!

"A Vine and Her Fruit"

          Just this morning I was reading in 3 Nephi, I was reading where Christ is reciting Malachi 3 to the Nephites. Malachi is speaking to his people of tithing, and we are familiar with verse 10 when he says "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (1)
          But one thing stuck out to me more than the rest as I read. In the following verse he continues "neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the fields, saith the Lord of Hosts." (2)
           I feel this is a very special promise from the Lord, that as we will pay our tithing, we will not miss opportunities that may give each of us the chance to better support our families. It is a literal financial blessing, that I have never thought of before I read this today.
          Our Father is so merciful and loves each of us, he wants to bless us! In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Notes
  1. 3 Nephi 24:10 or Malachi 3:10
  2. 3 Nephi 24:11 or Malachi 3:11

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard


Sent from my iPad