Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 26, 2016, "The Living Christ (in the newspaper)"


Email to Family and Friends
           Here in Thermopolis they have been taking about splitting the Ward for years. Last Sunday they announced that this Sunday they were going to be reorganizing the Bishopric and some other special news. So what happened was they split the Ward into a Ward and a branch! I've never heard of them doing that before. Almost the entire leadership of the area has been changed. We are very exited for all the wonderful progress that will begin to happen. We had a great conversation with the Stake President here. He has great plans and a vision for the Thermopolis Area. I have a feeling in my gut, that I will be in this area for a while so I'm very exited and honored to be a part of the gathering here.
           But... this has definitely been the hardest week of my mission. I had experience with lazy and disobedient missionaries before my mission, but now that it's in every moment of my life, it's been very hard. Through this though I have grown closer to the best companion anyone can ever ask for, and that is my Father in Heaven. We've studied together and He has taught me many wonderful things. It's been a very experiential week, and for that I will always be grateful. I love all of you! Especially my family ;)

"The Living Christ (in the newspaper)"

          This is an article we will be putting into the newspaper this week. You will notice is very similar to The Living Christ, the testimonies of the Prophet and Apostles of Jesus Christ. I hope you will all enjoy it as I hope Thermopolis will too. Haha I guess there is still some good things in the news.

          
The Living Christ

          We commemorate the mortal life of Jesus Christ two millennia ago, we offer our testimony of the reality of His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived upon the earth.
          He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New. Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3). He “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it. His gospel was a message of peace. He entreated all to follow His example. He walked Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead. He taught the truths of eternity.
          He was arrested and condemned on spurious charges, convicted to satisfy a mob, and sentenced to die on Calvary’s cross. He gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind. His was a great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever live upon the earth.
          "After the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" (Doctrine & Covenants 76:22)
          We bear testimony, as Elders and as modern representatives of our Lord and Savior —that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the gift of His Son.
                                
                     -Elders Bredsguard & Johnson
                     -The Thermopolis Ward and Owl Creek Branch

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Thermopolis, WY