Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 10, 2017, "Afflictions"


Email to Family and Friends
            I am losing Elder Tucker! He is going to Missoula. My new companion is Elder Christensen, he is coming from Kalispell, he goes home in 75 days, so I may or may not send him home. I've seen him around a lot, I am really exited to be serving with him!
            We are still having lots of success here in Great Falls! We are teach lots of truly prepared people! I see lots of my weaknesses lately, and I am really trying to fix them before I waste anymore of the Lords time. I absolutely love being a missionary, I don't think there is a better calling to one of a full time missionary! I have learned so much! The closer I get to coming home the more I really don't want to haha. This is were I belong, this is my passion, this is my purpose, this is my love to bring friends to repentance as I strive to repent as well. My heart belongs in Zion, it can't not find comfort anywhere else.
             We detailed our car today! I love you!
           
"Afflictions" 

            It's no secret that life is hard, that life beats us everyday. It's no secret that life can abuse us, over whelm us, and torment us. None escape it, not the wicked nor the righteous. It is true that if we keep the commandments that you will avoid most trials in life, but if they were to take away all of you afflictions, that would destroy God plan for our happiness. 
             Friends, family sometimes life is just hard, and in these situations we must learn to smile on, pray on, hold to the rod, and look to the future with faith and hope. I can promise you in the name of Almighty God, that if you can just do these 4 little things, you will be okay.
              Amulek once gave us this wise council, to "have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." (1)
              Although, by keeping the commandments we may not escape EVERY trail in this life, we will in the next if we are righteous, for time and all eternity. May we thank God and the Lamb for the gift of our Savior, Jesus Christ. In is in his Holy order that I am called and it is in his name that I speak, amen.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Notes
  1. Alma 34:41
Sent from my iPad


Glacier National Park (don't worry I have way better pictures than this!)





Preparation Day on a hike of the Sluce Boxes


4th of July


This is how we quit smoking no a days, you make you favorite
milkshake in a blender and you unroll a whole pack of cigarettes into
the shake! It will ruin the taste of cigarettes forever!


Our detailed car :)