Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 17, 2017, "Joseph, the Man, the Prophet"

Email to Family and Friends
            My new Companion is Elder Christensen from Tucson, AZ. He has been out 23 months now, and he wants to finish strong! For which I am truly thankful. We had 2 dear friends accept the invitation to be baptized on August 12! And another investigator named Kenna accept the invitation to be baptized! 
             We have a great Zone of missionaries! Elder Lester, a missionary and close friend that I trained is now the District Leader here in Great Falls! It is so great to be working with him, he is so efficient and diligent as is Elder Wilson our other District Leader in Lewiston. I love these missionaries!
             All is well as ever up here! I didn't come on my mission to mess around and it is great to see all these missionaries I am surrounded by with the same attitude. God Bless!
           
"Joseph, the Man, the Prophet" 

A portion of a talk I gave in the Belt Branch yesterday.

            ......Joseph smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ! This is the truth! Shortly after he said "I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." (1)
           Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was called in his weakness until he shall be made strong (2) I will be quite honest when I say this, but I believe that there in no one else in these years who has a greater love for the prophet, than I. My favorite game is Stick Pull, one of his favorite games, and if any of you are willing to take me on, I'll be more than happy haha.
            As one who has studied the life of this man, there are many weaknesses. There is a lot of Anti Mormon material out there about the prophet. A lot isn't true, but quite honestly a lot of it is true. I'm not here to hide anything, do you want to know why? Because he is an example to me, of one who can confer the natural man through the Atonement of Christ. Grace upon grace, line upon line, here a little and there a little. HIS WEAKNESSES ARE NOT A TRAIL OF MY FAITH, BUT A STONE OF MY FAITH! 
             If Joseph Smith, the man, can overcome his weaknesses, through Christ than we all can. His life is a message of hope to all......
            


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Notes
  1. JS- History 1:25
  2. See 2 Nephi 3:13

Sent from my iPad