Thursday, July 27, 2017

July 24, 2017, "No Greater Relationship"


Email to Family and Friends
            This has been such a great week! Elder Christensen and I have just been working and working! We are literally finding new Investigators everyday. The Lord is softening the hearts of the people as we put forth our best efforts. 
             I have talked with my Mission President quit a bit in this last week, I saw him on Tuesday for Mission Leadership Council, Thursday for Transfer Meeting, and Friday for interviews. It is always a real pleaser to be around such an inspiring man.
            A few missionaries in the Zone have been having a really hard time with major family troubles back home. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to serve them and share my experiences with them. They are such mature Elders! They have such eyes of faith and hope! I am so proud of them!
           
"No Greater Relationship" 

            As I was reading in 4th Nephi, I found these two verses. "the people of Nephi did wax strong, and did multiply exceedingly fast, and became an exceedingly fair and delightsome people."
            "And they were married, and given in marriage, and were blessed according to the multitude of the promises which the Lord had made unto them." (1)
           Nephi also once said "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife... and also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly. (2)
            In these verses you can see that there is a direct correlation between marriage and being blessed exceedingly! It is a relationship that is so holy, so sacred and pure, that it demands the utmost respect and virtue. If and once properly sanctified, no earthly words can even begin to describe the joy and happiness that radiates from such a honored relationship. 
             No greater joy can come into the heart of man, than through a Holy and sanctified marriage sealed by God Almighty. Come to love your spouses with all your heart and cleave unto them and none else and you will find this joy that I speak of. In Jesus Christ name, amen.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Notes
  1. 4 Nephi 1:10-11
  2. 1 Nephi 16:7-8

Sent from my iPad