Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018, "Peacemakers"


Email to Family and Friends

          This week was fantastic! We had a great Zone Conference this week! President Wadsworth and the Assistants to the President (two former companions who I go home with) gave great discussions! They were just what our Zone needed to hear!
           I had the chance to go on an exchange with an Elder from the Columbia Falls area. As I was praying about what I could train him on, all that would come into my mind is up to help him continue to find joy in the work. It was so great! I had him read D&C 128:19-25 which is a personal favorite :) 
           I get more and more tired as the months go by, this last Friday night as we got home I was so tired I wrote in my journal and went right to bed in my shirt, tie, slacks everything. And I slept like a baby.


"Peacemakers"

              Joseph Smith once said, “We [hope that] our brethren will be careful of one another’s feelings, and walk in love, honoring one another more than themselves, as is required by the Lord.”
              “Now, in this world, mankind are naturally selfish, ambitious and striving to excel one above another; yet some are willing to build up others as well as themselves.”
               “Let the Twelve and all Saints be willing to confess all their sins, and not keep back a part; and let [them] be humble, and not be exalted, and beware of pride, and not seek to excel one above another, but act for each other’s good, and pray for one another, and honor our brother or make honorable mention of his name, and not backbite and devour our brother.”
               “If you will put away from your midst all evil speaking, backbiting, and ungenerous thoughts and feelings: humble yourselves, and cultivate every principle of virtue and love, then will the blessings of Jehovah rest upon you, and you will yet see good and glorious days; peace will be within your gates, and prosperity in your borders.”
                I have taken these words to heart, my family, my dear friends, may we all be gentle, kind, and loving and strive to incorporate into our character the attributes of our God and our Beloved Father. It is possible, but only in and through Christ. What I say now I say unto all, you can change without Christ, but it will not last and you will fall. Only in and through faith in Jesus Christ and sincere repentance can we access the atoning grace and power of change. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. Teachings of the Presidents, Joseph Smith, Chapter 29 "Living with Others in Peace and Harmony"

Sent from my iPad