Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018, "Valiant in Christ"


Email to Family and Friends

          What a week! We are so blessed her in Kalispell! The work is moving forward so fast! The Lord, my God has poured out His Holy Spirt upon this area! We are finding the very elect, those we are teaching are progressing, and we are growing in knowledge, power, faith, and charity. 
            We had interviews with our Mission President this last week, haha I begged him, if it was the Lords will, if I could finish Thermopolis, WY (my first area, I was there for just short of 8 months). He didn't give me a defined response and I wasn't looking for one, but it was hopeful :)
            It was a Less actives birthday this last week, so we decided we would get him something good ;) Haha we bought a HUGE Valentines Day card and turned into a Birthday card haha, there will be pictures, but it was hilarious! 
             We also wished another LA happy birthday! Haha I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
           We are also teaching a deaf sister, who is an investigator, it is so amazing! As we are teaching with an interpreter, the gift on youngest is so present. I pick up so quickly on ASL while we are there! It is not humanly possible to pick this up as quickly as we are.


"Valiant in Christ"

              Last night, for my recreational reading, I was in the Acts of The Apostles. I was reading of Peter and John they were being tried for teaching, preaching, and performing miracles in the name of Jesus. The account says this, "and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
           "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
           "And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." (1)
            That is the true test of this life, will we be faithful, will we be Christlike, obedient, true, and full of love when it is not convenient? 
            John Taylor, the third President of the Church, said: “I heard the Prophet Joseph say, in speaking to the Twelve on one occasion: ‘You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and (said he) God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God.’ … Joseph Smith never had many months of peace after he received the truth, and finally he was murdered in Carthage jail.” (2)
              My family and my friends, will we be found valiant in the testimony of Jesus? Will we have the faith, hope, and charity to say as Christ did, "not what I will, but what thou wilt." (3) and "Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever." (4) 
              This is my testimony, I pray that I may not yield to temptation, I hope to remain faithful to Christ, if and only if, I put my trust in him and rely on His mercy and grace. I am a witness of his reality, that He is Gods Only Begotten Son, the Redeemer of the world, our Advocate with the Father. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. Acts 5:40-42
  2. Teachings of the Presidents, Joseph Smith, Chapter 19 "Stand Fast through the Storms of Life"
  3. Mark 14:36
  4. Moses 4:2

Sent from my iPad