Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January 8, 2018, "Peace in Christ"


Email to Family and Friends

          I got two stories I'll share with you this week. First, I was on exchanges in BigFork with the District Leader over there. I felt prior to it that I need help him increase his understanding and faith in Christ to find. As we were planning in the morning, we had 3 different sectioned out times were we would be finding through out the day. I told him to go into the room and to pray and stand in the presence of Father and find out were he needed us to be at these different times. He did so, and came back obviously having just received revelation, but with vague places. I asked him to go back before God and find specific streets. He did so, then I sent him back a third time and to find out what the Lord will promise us will happen at these events (ex. 3 Book of Mormons accepted, a return appointment with a family, etc.) He came back full of the Spirit with answers. Through out the remainder of the day we saw true miracle after miracle. As I saw this Elder grow in his faith as a result of his own faith, I felt to rejoice in my God! It was truly a glorious experience! I am so thankful to be surrounded by missionaries who are willing to serve God with all they have.
           Second, on the same exchange we were teaching a 13 year old young man and we were having an object lesson on Captain Moroni and in the corse of that I hopped over a fence in a trailer court and landed in some deep snow and what ever was in there gashed my ankle area. It's not that bad at all, but it was a fun experience :) 


"Peace in Christ"

              In the new 2018 Youth Theme Music there is a song called  "Peace In Christ". This is a song, if listened to thoughtfully, will bring tears of joy to ones eyes. The first verse and chorus says

1. There is peace in Christ
When we learn of Him.
Feel the love He felt for us
When He bore our sins.
Listen to His words.
Let them come alive.
If we know Him as He is,
There is peace in Christ.

He gives us hope
When hope is gone.
He gives us strength
When we can’t go on.
He gives us shelter
In the storms of life.
When there’s no peace on earth,
There is peace in Christ.

            I am a witness of these things, I speak as one with authority. President Monson once declared that Satan has power to imitate almost every feeling that God gives us except one, he can even imitate the burning of the bosom, but he cannot imitate one thing, and that is peace. 
            Family, friends, I am your humble servant, and I am here to say to you that this gospel is a message of peace and goodwill! These things are true! It is the fruit of the tree of life, even the love of God. "For God so loved the world that he gave his Only Begotten Son." I invite each of you who are reading this to "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." (1) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. Doctrine and Covenants 19:23

Sent from my iPad