Monday, March 12, 2018

March 12, 2018, "Enter Therein"


Email to Family and Friends

          Hey familia! My companion had the flu this week so we had to stay inside for 4 days, haha I got a lot studying in! I learned a lot this week. We got to go to the temple as well. And I am continually amazed  at the beauty and the symbolism in there.
           We made a fort and a lot of paper airplanes but we got lots of good work in at the end of the week. I love you!

"Enter Therein"

              As I was reading in Helaman 14 this morning I came across verse 15 which states "For behold, [Jesus Christ] surely must die that salvation may come; yea, it behooveth him and becometh expedient that he dieth, to bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, that thereby men may be brought into the presence of the Lord."
               When I came across this verse my mind was then opened to see, that both symbolically and literally, the death of Jesus Christ prepares us to enter into the presence of God. By his resurrection we receive our immortal body clothed in purity even in the robes of righteousness. (see 2 Nephi 9:14) To be crowned with the crowns of celestial glory (see 1 Peter 5:4, D&C 75:5). His everlasting Atonement can cover us as we are all naked and ashamed as consequence of our sins, for we are fallen man and have gone contrary to the nature of God, even the nature of happiness. 
               May we all come unto Christ, that we may find peace and eternal joy as He covers us by His endless mercy, and when the time comes we will receive our Fathers sacred embrace (Luke 15:20, 2 Nephi 1:15) as we pass through the veil and enter into His glorious presence. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
               

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Sent from my iPad