Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March 19, 2018, "Christ in the Book of Mormon"


Email to Family and Friends

          We had the baptism of April Curruth yesterday! She is so amazing and her and her fiancé are moving down to Mesa here is a month or two! We have had a great week!
           We got transfer news this week! I'm am getting transferred to Thermopolis, WY to finish my mission!! I will be training a brand new missionary. By the time I go home I will have served in Thermopolis in 2016, 2017, and 2018. I will have served there in every month of the year except Feb. Making it a total of 10 months. 
            Needless to say I am very excited we are getting doubled in to replace Sisters there.

"Christ in the Book of Mormon"

  • "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophecy of Christ.." (2 Nephi 25:26)
  • Christ's name is mentioned every 1.7 verses in the Book of Mormon
  • Christ's Death and Crucifixion is discussed 36 times
  • His Resurrection 88 times
  • There is 117 names for Christ in the Book of Mormon
  • "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world." (3 Nephi 11:10)
  • 12,021 words spoken by Christ in 3 Nephi
  • 166 years of peace after Christ visit
  • Number of names used for Christ by major Book of Mormon authors
    • Lehi...17
    • Nephi...38
    • Jacob...22
    • Abinadi...10
    • Benjamin...15
    • Alma...22
    • Amulek...14
    • Samuel...16
    • Mormon...20
    • Moroni...21
  • 2,500 men, women, and children touched the Living Christ (see 3 Nephi 17:25)
               

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Current Address- 917 Amoretti Thermopolis, WY 82443

Sent from my iPad