Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 13, 2017, "How to Retain an Enduring Love"


Email to Family and Friends
           Last as I was talking to my Heavenly Father, I just couldn't thank him enough for just how blessed I am! Not only just with the people we are teaching, but with this beautiful Ward here, a wonderful Zone and companion, the personal relationship I have been blessed with with my Father and His Spirit. And not only that but all the wonderful friends and family that show so much love and support to me, as well as all those in the chosen land of Thermopolis, WY. My life is by no means perfect or trail free, but I have been just so blessed and I can't help but shout in gratitude to my God!
           Over the last few weeks, the Zone Leadership Council here in Butte, we have been inspired to do something completely new, and we have putt a lot of thought and prayer into it. What we will be doing is Blitzing our Zone! Keep in mind, missionaries don't just cover wards here, they cover towns. So we will be taking the entire Zone to each area and just truly focus on Finding! I am so exited to see what the Lord has in store for us! We should find so many new investigators from this!
           I feel like or Zone is already pretty unified, but it can only increase after this!
           
"How to Retain an Enduring Love"

          Many of us desire the Christlike attribute of Charity. Mormon teaches us to "pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love" (1) And many of us have done just that, and we are filled with the Spirit to the filling our souls with genuine love for those around us. But sometimes we find that after a few hours or a few minutes, we are turned back to our anger and we harden our hearts.
          I have definitely struggled with this in my life and I know I'm not the only one. But in one of my latest studies I have found, through the Spirit, a solution! 
          Mormon again tells us that "the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love" (2) Again the Holy Ghost bestows that love into our hearts, but that "love [will only] endure by [our] diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come." (3) 
           After the initial change of heart, keep pressing forward! Don't let your guard down! We all want this love, so when ever you start to feel pride slipping in again, pray with all the energy of your heart to push it out! And as you do this, I can promise you, that "when [Christ] shall appear [you] shall be like him, for [you] shall see him as he is; that [you] may have this hope; that [you] may be purified even as he is pure." (4) I say these things in the sacred and holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 1704 Lowell Ave, Butte, MT 59701

Notes
  1. Moroni 7:48
  2. Moroni 8:26
  3. Moroni 8:26
  4. Moroni 7:48

Sent from my iPad