Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 6, 2017, "My Doctrine"


Email to Family and Friends
           Elder Merrell, Elder Mckell, Elder Black and I are all training in the mornings for a 7 mile race on Easter weekend! The race is super hilly. Haha we have been running a good few miles every morning this week. 
          A 9 year old boy we are teaching decided to get baptized this last well on March 25. His family is all members, when he was asked who he wanted to baptize him, he chose "Superman" (me). It was pretty funny. We also figured out the church building will be very busy the day of his baptism, so he'll be getting baptized in a very very cold lake about an hour north!
          This was the fastest transfer of my mission! Elder Merrell is getting transferred to Great Falls. My new companion is Elder Bell and he just came from Billings as a Zone Leader. He has been out about 10 months more than me. 
          Haha we also through trees off a bridge last Monday with the other Butte Elders. Don't worry it was in the middle of nowhere, kind of. 
           
"My Doctrine"

          Jesus himself declared his doctrine in 3 Nephi 11. He also said "whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil, and is not built upon my rock" (1)
          We are to have faith in him, repent, become as a little child, and be baptized in his name or we can in no wise inherit the kingdom of God. (2)
          We are not saved by faith alone! We are not saved by repentance alone! We are not saved by baptism alone! 
          We are saved and perfected only in and through Christ the Lord. And only those who will repent, believe on him, be baptized in his name , and endure to the end can have claim on His grand Atoning Sacrifice! This is the truth.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. 3 Nephi 11:40
  2. See 3 Nephi 11:38

Sent from my iPad