Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017, "Super Mom"


Email to Family and Friends
            Happy Mothers Day to all! So on Monday last week, I lost our phone.... Haha that's not good! We still don't have a new phone yet and it's been a whole week. Last Monday we saw some kiddos playing Basketball, we went and played with them, I put the phone down and when we left, I never picked the phone back up. 
            We came back the next day to see if it was there, and one of the kids said they saw a kid in a black coat about 9-10 find it on the ground and immediately run away. Haha sometimes when people call it they say he'll answer it but never say anything :/
            We are teaching tons of people! We will be having 5-6 baptisms in the next 2 weeks. Haha it's such a blessing to be a missionary! Everyone should go on a mission! It's not easy but it is sooo worth it!! It was so fun being able to talk with my family this last week to see their sassy (yes mom and Kayli, I called you sassy) faces!
           
"Super Mom" 

A talk I had the privilege of giving in the Belt Brach.

           I have been asked many times when I have received my testimony, I can't remember not believing in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I have loved them since I have learned of them at the knees of my angel mother, reading scripture stories and learning of the prophets. 
           Over the years of my life, my mother and I have grown very close with one another. I am the youngest of 7 children, were we didn't grow up in the ideal home. My mother had to give her all for her children. During these times she has taken upon herself the title "Super Mom", which is very fitting.
            And now as she has gotten older and life has begun to settle down, she has quote "hung up her cape". We have a little joke with my family, friends and sometimes random people, that I look a lot like Clark Kent, and because of that I have been given a nickname "Superman". 
            Just last week it was my mother birthday, and I found a card that I immediately  fell in love with, it had a pink Superman symbol on it, and within the card I wrote. "Happy Birthday Mom! I know as my Super Mom you have "hung up your cape", but I hope you will always remember, your little Superman will always need and love his Super Mom!"
             I want to thank and show my appreciation to all the mothers in this world. Whether you had the privilege of bearing children or not, you have been a mother for many. You are doing better than you think you are. And those you have suffered for and labored for will revere and praise your name forever in the eternity's as I do my beautiful angelic mother. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
           

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Sent from my iPad