Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8, 2017, "Unbroken"


Email to Family and Friends
            I have been very ill for the past few days, I was bed ridden for the most part. It stared Tuesday evening and is still occurring now. I thought it was Food Poisoning at first but as I went to the ER on Friday we found out it was Campylo Bacter. It is a cousin to salmonella, we aren't quite sure how I got it. It is a virus in your guts that causes severe pain. So that's not to fun but I am better! A little bit. 
            There was a car show in town, so we decided to go street contacting :) But other than that, this week wasn't super eventful, due to illness :/ I feel like Monday was only like 2 days ago haha. But I love you all and hope yall don't get sick!
           
"Unbroken" 

           As I was ill this week, by the end of day 3 my self worth was down the drain. I had just been sleeping and I felt I was wasting my days away. As I was saying my prayers I was a little fed up with my situation and with my productivity. I wasn't mad at God but I was a little unsatisfied with were I was. 
           Then as I was praying, I remembered one of my favorite stories. The story of Louie Zamperini. Or "Unbroken". I remember the power of ones attitude and out look in life. I recognized that yes I was sick but I don't need to be any more. And at that time I got in my bed went to sleep, got up at 630, took a shower put on my shirt and tie and cleaned up the house so that there would be no signs that there was any sick person here. (Yes my innards were hurting, they still are today) But I went out proselyting in the morning tell my Mission Presidents wife called and told me to get inside. 
            There was another sick missionary in the area, so while I was with him for the rest of the day, I called every single Less Active in the book and either invited them to church or scheduled a time to come meet them!
            There is power in simple decisions, you can change your circumstances in life, it only takes a decision! 
           

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard
Mission Home: 1848 Rimrock Road,  Billings,  Montana  59102
Current Address: 312 3rd Ave. N.  #8 Great Falls MT 59401

Sent from my iPad