Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 18, 2017, "The Good Spirit"


Email to Family and Friends

          We had a fantastic week this week! We had Jeremiah's baptism, I love this kid he is going to be one of the greatest missionaries ever! He is 11 right now but, he will go and do great things. I'm and proud of him and his family
          Sunday was great! We had a lot of new people who came to church for the first time which was awesome!!!!!
          It rained for literally two days strait with out any let up! It was so fun, I can't even tell you the last time I saw rain! All of our prayers go Montana are answered, I'm not sure how all the other states are doing.
          No hospital visits this week so that was really good!
          I am so thankful to be a missionary, I am going to hate to leave. I now only have 9 months left :( But I am thankful that I have even been able to serve.

"The Good Spirit"

           Many of us some times wonder about things we feel, ideas that come into our minds and feeling in our hearts. We wounded in our path to eternal life if they are from God, ourselves, or the devil. And sometimes we just have a hard time distinguishing where the source of the feeling is from.
           There is a simple answer, Alma once said "whatsoever is good cometh from God, and whatsoever is evil cometh from the devil." (1)
           Amaleki also said "for there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord: and that which is evil cometh from the devil." (2)
           As we live our lives, let us always follow that good spirit in our breasts. He is the light and the life of the world. He will lead to peace and happiness, which can be found in no other way. Humble yourselves in the dust, and you will find this joy. Be not afraid only believe. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Notes
  1. Alma 5:40
  2. Omni 1:25
  3. 2 Nephi 10:20
  4. See Mosiah 4:11-13

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Sent from my iPad







"This is me with a beard!"






(Editor/Mom's Note:  Elder Bredsguard made this bull whip in Montana.  LOL)