Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 25, 2017, "Flaxen Cord"


Email to Family and Friends

          We were out of our area for most the week, we went up to Haver and Rocky Boy which is an Indian Reservation with some Elders up there.
          Haha and all of you that keep me in your prayers, thank you because we needed them! Haha I was with Elder Loran up on the Rez and we were out tracking this village and while we were out this big Native guy just starts cussing us out (he's the kind of guy that would have a gun on him) and I was wearing my big black leather trench coat and I'm white (yes it means something) and this guy just come right in my face and is inches away from me just cussing me out because we think we are better than his people (since I'm white, E. Loran is Mexican so he didn't get yelled at as much) but there's more to the story but we were safe after about 40 min of this. But it was a fun week.

"Flaxen Cord"

           Nephi taught just a little bit about how Satan try's to sift us as wheat. "yea, and he leadeth them by the neck with a flaxen cord, until he bindeth them with his strong cords forever." (1) 
           A flaxen cord is a very very thin and almost unnoticeable string that is almost as flimsy as a spider web. Satan will try and wrap us with each of these tiny tiny cords. A little anger here and a little judgment there, until he has us completely wrapped and it is almost impossible to escape. 
           Break these cords from off of your backs as fast as you can! Repent and call out for Christ's mercy. If you feel that you have been completely surrounded by these cords, it is not to late, Christ stands there ready to receive you, all you have to do is ask and rely on his power as the Savior of the world. 
           I testify that God lives, that his Son Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he is mighty to save. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Notes
  1. 2 Nephi 26:22
  2. Omni 1:25
  3. 2 Nephi 10:20
  4. See Mosiah 4:11-13

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Sent from my iPad