Monday, December 18, 2017

December 18, 2017, "Glory to God"


Email to Family and Friends

          This week I got a bit of a sinus infection, and thanks to Brother Raish he gave me lots of Vitamin C so I have just been pounding it all week. We have had a great week! We have been out working hard, we found 4 new investigators this week. 
           We had Meghan Shields baptism! She was so ready and excited for her baptism! At her Service Elder Madsen sang Joseph Smiths first Prayer with a beautiful accompaniment with it! It was a great day.
           The YSA had their Christmas Party, and there was a White Elephant! It was so fun! It's a great time of year, lots of snow shoveling and Hot Coco (you better believe I have some everyday ;) 
            I am really coming to love simplicity and plainness. It frees your mind.

"Glory to God"

          In the Spirit of Christmas (as this is my last email before the holiday). Each Christmas season I love to read the account of Christ birth found in St Luke chapter 2. My favorite is when an angel appeared unto the shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night, saying "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."
           "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." (1)
            I testify that our Father sent his Only Begotton Son into this dark world to be a light for all of us. May he be your guide through these last days of trouble and a tumult of opinions. I love you dear family and friends, I am your humble servant and your never deviating friend.

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard

Notes
  1. Luke 2:10-14

Sent from my iPad