Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 4, 2017, "Peace in This Life?"


Email to Family and Friends

          This week was great!! I'll start off with an embarrassing story haha. So last night we went over to give a Sister in the ward a blessing. We got there and her son (who is married) requested one as well. I never met either of them before. Elder Madsen gave her a blessing and I to him. As I started the blessing, I thought it was the Spirit, tell me that although he didn't serve a mission he will still have much opportunities to serve. I was like there is no way I am saying that! What if it's not true! Maybe he did go on a mission? This happened about 3 times, so decided it was the Spirit so I said it, and finished the blessing. I found out very quickly that he in fact DID serve a full 2 year mission 😐. Haha so yeah........ I'm getting better at redeeming my thoughts and the Spirits words haha. You live and you learn!
            We went on two exchanges this week with the District Leaders, they were truly inspiring! I left truly edified from both of them. We have some amazing missionaries here!
            I have absolutely love participating in #LightTheWorld everyday! We are so blessed with a God who loves ALL of his children!

"Peace in This Life?"

          President Henry B. Eyring once said, "I have been thankful for the many ways the Lord has visited me with the Comforter when I needed peace. Yet our Father in Heaven is concerned not just about our comfort but even more about our upward progress." (1)
           Often as missionaries we teach that in this gospel we can find peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come. But I have never thought which one is a higher priority to God? 
            As we come unto Christ he want us to find peace in this life! But some times as we go through difficult trials, we need to learn and grow from them through experience. That is a necessary part of receiving eternal life! Heavenly Father cares more about us returning back to him. Don't get me wrong God wants to comfort us time and time again and he often does. I know my words are weak but I hope the Spirit may vary across the things I am trying to convey.
            I love you all! Thank you for everything you do for me! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Notes
  1. “My Peace I Leave with You” By President Henry B. Eyring, April 2017

Elder Philip R. Bredsguard


Sent from my iPad